Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My new necklace

I just finished a steampunk necklace on commission, and now I'm going to keep it. Sorry, Charmaine, hate to break it to you this way, but I like it too much to give it up (let's see if she can track me down).

Charmaine, aka High Desert Diva, sent me some of her grandmother's Victorian buttons, including a beautiful large black mourning button with crepe and beads. She also sent a box full of clock parts, and using some of those and some of my own, I put together a design for her to approve. The finished piece, above, is pretty much the same, with extra reinforcement in the back and a black leather cord.

It's going to look so good on me.

11 comments:

Jeni said...

It's lovely!! I so with I could pull off steampunk, alas, I don't think steampunk, t-shirts and jeans and mom hair go very well.

Sarah McBride said...

that is awesome. I love that. Diva always has the best findings lucky you to get to make something with them!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a neat necklace..I know I told you, I don't know about "steampunk", but I do find it interesting..You did a great job..

High Desert Diva said...

Ha! You are sooooo not getting that! I have spies everywhere who will track you down!

Seriously...I can't wait to get it. You did a fantastic job and I know my grandmother would be so pleased to see me using her buttons.

Vintage Indie said...

Seriously, this is why I LOVE what I do. Artists like you give the less-crafty like me something to smile about.

Callooh Callay said...

Thanks, everybody. Diva...well, I may be making a trip to the post office today...we'll see.

LazyTcrochet said...

Wow! It is beautiful. I love the detail of the black button.

Unknown said...

wonderful....miss charmaine must be so happy!~

Callooh Callay said...

Charmaine scares me--I mailed it yesterday. Guess I'll have to make something else for myself.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
I am totally loving your stacked button jewelry! Its fabulous.

I've also enjoyed reading your past posts. I'm going to try to remember to stop by the Promotions thread on Thursday. Window shopping vintage sounds like fun.

Kimberly :)

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Hell, I'd keep it, too. She's not leaving Oregon anytime soon!!