Saturday, June 28, 2008

Do I need a new model?

Things started out amicably enough. He was right there, usually in front of the TV or playing a video game in the basement, and always willing to help me out. He seemed to instinctively know the right way to wear my vintage hats--like a young Barbara Stanwyck, perhaps, or even Grace Kelly. That kind of elegance, that poise, cannot be taught.

Lately, however, I've been wondering whether I'm wrong to confine myself to just one model. I've had this happen before, you nurture their talent, teach them everything you know, and then one day New York calls, or Milan, and they're gone on the next plane without a glance back. To a life so exciting, even our new Halo 3 game cannot compete.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy with his work, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on. Some glint in his eye, a distance perhaps, that tells me he's thinking more about his next career move than my needs. Take these photos from our recent photo shoot--he starts out happy enough, but by the end... well, you be the judge.

6 comments:

TotusMel said...

Oh how these pictures will come back to haunt your poor model!

Callooh Callay said...

I've shown them to him, and right now he's fine with it, but I know that will change one day soon!

T.Allen said...

It's safe to say you should start exploring other options.

Sarah McBride said...

Oh my gosh I laughed so hard at this post! yep, I would start exploring other options. Your next piture he may be flipping you the bird.
thanks for the laugh.

Patrizia said...

HAHA! I think you might need to look around!

Lovely hats!

Unknown said...

Oh haha, poor model. How funny :)