Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Branching Out: The Pear Project

Beginning this week, I'm pleased to say that, in addition to my Etsy shop, some of my jewelry will also be available on the Pear Project, a website that carries a variety of goods made by artisans from all over.

Brooke Fuller, founder of the Pear Project, runs the business from her studio in North Carolina. In addition to being a savvy marketer, Brooke is a photographer, jewelry maker, and big believer in using recycled items (her bracelets made from repurposed tin are a great example).

"Artisan goods for everyday life" is the Pear Project's tagline. "A purse can come from a department store, or you can buy something unique that was made in a small quantity," Brooke explains. "Not only do you have a gorgeous bag, but you are also supporting an independent artist or craftsperson who is making a career out of what they love."

The shop carries bags and purses, household goods, jewelry, fine art prints, and paper goods "with a modern twist and utilitarian appeal, hand picked from a variety of submissions," she says. This is a small venue (one of its advantages), but it's expanding and constantly adding new artists and items. Here are a few of the other goodies you'll find there. (Guess which one's mine.)

11 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

That online venue sounds good. I like the name the 'Pear Project' too. I guessed which item was yours! :)

High Desert Diva said...

Looks like a great place to have your items.

Sarah McBride said...

good luck on the pear project. I think it is a safe bet which one is yours! It looks great!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Kudos and good "luck!"

Unknown said...

Good Luck with the pear project... I checked out the site and it looks really awesome! Congrats :)

ps - I like your advice about planning a wedding...sounds good to me! ;)

littlebird said...

well done you for finding another great venue to sell you wares, looks lovely.

Two Sexy Chicks said...

Best of luck to you! Your work is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the new venue! I'm sure you'll do well!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I just love all of your creations...sigh...so beautiful!

Sew Bettie said...

Congrats on the Pear Project! My button ring kit is also for sale there.

Callooh Callay said...

Oh, I saw that--very cute. Good luck to you as well! And thanks everyone.