Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ways I can waste time

Like most other people (except those annoying overachievers), I have many, many ways of wasting time. One of them is curating treasuries, a collection of gorgeous and gorgeously photographed products available on Etsy. It's like my own mini art gallery, and I go back to look at it again and again, so pleased am I with the results. This is my latest one (available here if you want to go leave a comment).

Here, in no particular order, are another five of my favorite ways to waste time (for the complete list, you'll have to wait for my book...if I ever write it):
  1. Get another cup of coffee, or heat up the one I already have.
  2. Spend some time in the Etc. section of the Etsy forums, reading about someone's marital woes or participating in discussions on weighty topics (current threads--and I'm not saying whether I contributed to them!--include snorks vs. smurfs, cutest dog, dumpster divers, disgusting but true medical conditions, and anus waxing).
  3. Watch the fights at the bird feeder.
  4. Check the view counter to see how many people have visited my Etsy shop in the past five minutes.
  5. Clean the house.
OK, that last one was a joke (my husband reads my blog). That's the kind of thing only an annoying overachiever would do.

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

Hmmmm...this sounds frighteningly familiar