Sunday, November 2, 2008

Catching Up

It has been so long since I blogged, a friend asked my husband if I was sick. A few other friends (who I didn't realize were regular readers) told me they missed me! Aw, so sweet. But blogging is like going to the gym--once you stop, it is so hard to get going again.

And I need to do that too--but one hurdle at a time.

My life has been pretty crazy lately (whose isn't?). But so as not to blow all my blog posts in one sitting, I'll just mention one project I've been working on: getting some jewelry together for Steam Powered, the California steampunk convention going on now in Sunnyvale. I'm not there, but my jewelry is! Some wonderful people from the Etsy Steam Team (a group of Etsy steampunk artists who work together) have several vendor tables where they're showing jewelry from team members who couldn't make it there themselves. This is my first art show, and I'm not even there! But I've seen a few pictures and know that they look better in costume than I would!

It was fun to get together a group of pieces of one theme, and while I was doing this I listed very little in the way of new steampunk pieces in my Etsy store. But who knows? Some of them may return to me and be available soon.

4 comments:

littlebird said...

Your stuff looks wonderful, hope it goes well for and everyone else too!
good to see you blogging again, i'm off to the gym, ha ha only kiddin

Callooh Callay said...

Thanks! I feel out of practice here, but I have left this pathetic blog alone for too long!

Kim Bagwill said...

Your jewelery looks fabulous! Good luck this holiday season, and welcome back to the blogging world. :)

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Very cool pendants!