Monday, February 25, 2008

Shoe fetish

You don’t need to know that I’m now barefoot and will be wearing clunky brown oxfords later when I do go out. Just know that I love these shoes and that they would look absolutely fabulous on me.

These vintage shoes are from an amazing Etsy shop named joules. The proprietess talked with me about how she goes about choosing shoes for her shop:

“I always look for integrity of craftsmanship, most often found in Italian and Spanish brands, and certain American shoe companies of the past. I prefer to see all leather construction, including the lining and soles. Styles that make a definitive fashion statement, and clearly exemplify their decade of production, are best. It's especially nice for the footwear to exhibit little to no signs of wear, but that is rare. Finally, they have to be the sort of shoes that I personally would like to own. I'm quite selective and pass up many vintage shoes, as I find a great number that are simply mundane and commonplace. I seek a certain funky elegance, in tune with my own quirky aesthetic.”

Funky elegance indeed. Here's a few more examples to drool over:



The shoes are , from the top, Via Spiga tiger stripes on black suede, made in Italy; Joseph vintage silver leather pumps; Maud Frizon of Paris black suede shoes; Paradox by Zalo, green leather; Realities by Ooomphies black velvet slippers; and Amano Bootier with Paul Allen.

4 comments: